Old 05-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Morgan

Default Radishes

I live in SE Qld and am having no luck with radishes. Any suggestions?

TIA

Old 05-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Old and Cranky

Have you tried wareting them?

.. .

Old 05-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Morgan" wrote:

I live in SE Qld and am having no luck with radishes. Any suggestions?

Do you mean they don't come up, they disappear, they don't form a radish, or
something else?

My snails are obviously desperate -- they normally don't eat radishes, but
have been gobbling them down this year.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

I don't regard myself as a fanatic. I just have handy milk dispensers.
-- Lee, misc.kids
Old 05-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Tom Elliott

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 16:06:21 +1100, "Morgan" wrote:

I live in SE Qld and am having no luck with radishes. Any suggestions?

TIA

I had radish problems too. After careful planting, only a few grew
from an entire packet.

So, I bought another pack of seeds, carefully laid them out in rows
with seed raising mix, I tended them carefully, making sure the water
amount was just right and, no luck. A couple grew, but they were just
big healthy leaves with a pea sized radish at the bottom.

Frustrated, I bought another pack from a discount store, tore open the
packet and tossed the lot onto the garden bed. I threw some soil on
top, watered it and ignored it.

Four weeks later, about 60 lovely radished. Crisp, spicy, delicious.
The only problem I noticed is that they became fibrous after a while.
Either lack of water or age, I don't know.

Tom

Tom Elliott
remove `mapsitna' from email address to reply by email.

Single hole in all of my red radishes, why? Kelcey Gardening 3 14-09-2003 03:34 AM
radishes donald girod Lawns 0 14-07-2003 06:46 PM
radishes...storage, seeds.... Simon Stenkle Edible Gardening 1 08-07-2003 05:10 PM
What I've learnt about Radishes Steve Harris United Kingdom 3 27-04-2003 10:56 PM
Radishes - my Waterloo Polar Edible Gardening 7 26-03-2003 12:20 AM