Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Chris Warr

Default Earwigs on my Lemon Tree

Hi, we have a Meyer Lemon tree in a pot. There are a couple of earwigs on
it, munching away at the dead flowers. The tree seems healthy, and I can
see the tiny green lemons coming (it's our first year), so all seems normal
otherwise. Should I do anything about the earwigs? And if so what?

Chris.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Heather Edwards

You can trap them with traps made from pieces of crumpled newspaper stuffed
inside a pot you then simply remove them.

Chemical control is to use carbaryl. They lay eggs in batches of 20-50 at a
time which hatch in 2 weeks after laying.

A great book on diseases is what garden pest or disease is that by Judy
McMaugh. New Holland press. Heather.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
arbitrarily

"Heather Edwards" wrote in message
news
snip

A great book on diseases is what garden pest or disease is that by Judy
McMaugh. New Holland press. Heather.

Hi Heather,

I actually saw this book referred to in the age today and was thinking of
getting it as a present for my parents who have a native garden in Coastal
East Gippsland, Victoria. Anyway, if you have the book I just wondered if
you could tell me if it has good coverage of pests and diseases affecting
native gardens, or is it really for European-type gardens? Any other
suggestions of useful references? Your advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Erica Abbott

------
To reply, remove x's and z's in address