Old 05-04-2003, 07:33 AM
S. McLaren

Default Good time to water the garden

What's a good time to water the garden? I used to time the sprinkers to go
off at 4am and the last station (I have several beds) finishes at 5am.

But it takes awhile before the water soaks into the ground so I changed it
to 12 midnight. Now, I'm thinking of shifting it to 9pm so that I can
observe how the sprinkers are working before I goto bed.

My garden beds are a mixture of roses, azeleas, lavenders, poppies (for
remberance day).

Cheers!

Old 05-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Heather Edwards

Water your garden about 7am in the morning that's about the best time.
Watering the garden at night is not as good because the plants will not take
up the water until the next water. By the water sitting there it will leave
you prone to more fungal diseases such as powdery mildew. Best of luck with
it. Heather.