Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
467WC

Default West Wyalong Wattle

I'm a total newbie in the garden and was just after a little
info on the west wyalong wattle. Is it quick to grow? Drought
resisitant? Good has a "screen" tree for a little extra
privacy? Any help is greatly appreciated.....

--
Compromise
conformity
Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Chookie

In article ,
467WC wrote:

I'm a total newbie in the garden and was just after a little
info on the west wyalong wattle. Is it quick to grow? Drought
resisitant? Good has a "screen" tree for a little extra
privacy? Any help is greatly appreciated.....

At http://www.anbg.gov.au/acacia/species.html I found this:

Acacia cardiophylla
West Wyalong wattle
Photograph: Flowers, Shrub
green bipinnate leaves. Bears bright yellow ball-shaped flowers in spring.
Propagation: From scarified seed or boiling water treatment. There has been
some success with cuttings.
Cultivation: Well-drained soil required. Defoliation occurs in badly drained
soil. A good foliage plant.
Special horticultural attributes:

* Frost hardy (will tolerate frosts to -7 C )
* Recommended for its foliage.

From the photo it does look like a good screening plant, and most acacias are
drought resistant.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

I don't regard myself as a fanatic. I just have handy milk dispensers.
-- Lee, misc.kids