Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Mitch Kosklin

Default Geraniums

sounds like rust..

"Deb Tiplady" wrote in message
.. .
Can anyone explain why the leaves of my geraniums - some in pots , some in

big letterbox planter - have taken on an orangish tone ?
Thanks Deb

Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Heather Edwards

Yes it does sound like rust to me too which is identified by the orange
cirlcles and particularly affects pelargoniums. Control for rust is to spray
with zineb every 7-10 days or use wettable sulphur. Non-chemical : remove
infected leaves ASAP and do not apply excessive quantities of nitrogenous
fertiliser. From the pest disease book that I have called What Garden Pest
or Disease is That - Judy McMaugh. Hope you can fix the problem. Heather.