GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Weeds & Compost (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/13182-weeds-compost.html)

Farea Saref 05-04-2003 06:34 AM

Weeds & Compost

Hello every body.
Can I put Weeds among shaving grass in Compost?
Thanks.
Saref

Andrew G 05-04-2003 06:34 AM

Weeds & Compost

"Farea Saref" wrote in message
Hello every body.
Can I put Weeds among shaving grass in Compost?
Thanks.
Saref

If your compost generates quite a bit of heat, then generally yes, you can.
The heat created should actually "kill" the weed seeds.
Certainly those that haven't gone to seed aren't a problem.
Possibly, putting all the weeds in a pile, and pouring hot water on them
should kill any seeds.

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply