Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Perksy

Default problem with watermelons / rockmelons

I have a couple of plants of watermelon and I am about to plant a
rockmelon. The watermelon has had a few flowers, but no fruit - and I
have never had much luck getting a lot of fruit out of these. I was
wondering if there was some sort of trick to getting them to fruit. I
live west of Brisbane - near Ipswich

Denise
Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Chris Garvey

Perksy wrote:
: I have a couple of plants of watermelon and I am about to plant a
: rockmelon. The watermelon has had a few flowers, but no fruit - and I
: have never had much luck getting a lot of fruit out of these. I was
: wondering if there was some sort of trick to getting them to fruit. I
: live west of Brisbane - near Ipswich

: Denise

On those light soils potassium defficiency is a common culprit.
Be careful of adding too much, as that may also cause problems.

regards

Chris

--
(:

Taking the "paranoid" out of "delusion".
icq #107970956