Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
How-Hie Ling

Default Where I can buy Chinese Jujube plants?

Hi,

I live in Brisbane and a keen grower of exotic fruit trees. One of the
few trees which I haven't got and which I truly wish to grow is a
Chinese Jujube tree, either a Li or Lang variety. Does any one know
where I can buy it in Brisbane or in other states?
Please give name and contact details of the nursery.

Also, I would like to hear from people in Brisbane who are growing it.

Thanks
How-Hie Ling

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Tara Deen

How-Hie Ling wrote:

I live in Brisbane and a keen grower of exotic fruit trees. One of the
few trees which I haven't got and which I truly wish to grow is a
Chinese Jujube tree, either a Li or Lang variety. Does any one know
where I can buy it in Brisbane or in other states?
Please give name and contact details of the nursery.

The only on-line nursery that I know of in Australia that sells the
Chinese jujube is Perry's nursery in SA. http://www.users.on.net/perrys/
I'm not sure what varieties they carry.

HTH
Tara
Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Tish

We got a Chinese Jujube seedling from Diggers Seeds. I don't have
their catalogue details, but you should be able to find them on the
web.

Good luck,
Tish

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
David Holdom

Hi,

Check with the Department of natural Resources before planting. I
believe at least one of the jujubes is regarded as a weed in
Queensland. That said, my father in law at a jujube (I cannot remember
which species) in Brisbane. It tended to get a fungus disease and did
not set fruit, so he cut it down.

Dave

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Geodyne

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:50:08 +1000, David Holdom
wrote:

Hi,

Check with the Department of natural Resources before planting. I
believe at least one of the jujubes is regarded as a weed in
Queensland.

I had a look before initially replying as I seemed to remember the
same thing. It's the Indian jujube, not the Chinese that's the
problem.

Tara

jujube seeds rtdrury Edible Gardening 3 23-08-2006 05:03 AM
Jujube tree Ron Edible Gardening 0 02-03-2004 04:02 AM
jujube tree David Newman Edible Gardening 1 26-11-2003 07:13 PM
I finally bought my Chinese Jujube ling Australia 0 22-07-2003 03:04 AM
Jujube photo Wendy Kelly Budd Gardening 8 03-07-2003 08:56 PM