Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Morandi

Default Root stock for grafting a lime tree ?

I have a Tahitian Lime which is probably over 20 years old, it has been
potted all its life. Although it has been repotted several times Im sensing
that its years are numbered. I would like to graft or bud from it this
Autumn but have no idea what to graft it onto. Can anyone help ? What is a
good compatible lower section ?

Any additional tips of the process would be helpful.
Thankyou. M

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
John Savage

Morandi writes:
I have a Tahitian Lime which is probably over 20 years old, it has been
potted all its life. Although it has been repotted several times Im sensing
that its years are numbered. I would like to graft or bud from it this
Autumn but have no idea what to graft it onto. Can anyone help ? What is a
good compatible lower section ?

Any additional tips of the process would be helpful.

Perhaps you could phone one of the citrus nurseries, and ask their
resident expert? I think I've heard the name Robbie Engles (sp?)
associated with citrus, of Engles (sp?) Nursery near Sydney. Let your
fingers do the walking .....
--
John Savage (for email, replace "ks" with "k" and delete "n")

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Dwayne

I knew a man who was very good at grafting. I don't know about citrus, but
he said you graft all trees to one another that have seeds alike (peaches,
apricots, plums with each other and apples, to pears). I would imagine
grapefruit, lime, lemon and orange would work, but check with a college on
the internet or someone in California or Florida who do that. One of their
universities should be able to help you. Good luck. Dwayne

"John Savage" wrote in message
om...

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Just a little bit

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:39:12 GMT, John Savage
wrote:

Perhaps you could phone one of the citrus nurseries, and ask their
resident expert? I think I've heard the name Robbie Engles (sp?)
associated with citrus, of Engles (sp?) Nursery near Sydney. Let your
fingers do the walking .....

That's Engalls. Robbie passed away a few years ago. His son Mark runs the
business now.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Terry Collins

I would like to graft or bud from it this
Autumn but have no idea what to graft it on

I've always understood that root stock from the common lemon was the way
to go.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: www:
http://www.woa.com.au