Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Just a little bit

Default Rats and mice

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 04:12:26 GMT, "Wallaby Walker" wrote:

Hey there Guys and Gals, I'm looking for a product to exterminate rats &
mice. (I asked this in the pet rat folder and copped a bit of flack -
amusing to say the least - those bods are the ultimate rat lovers of the
universe)
Apparently there is a poison product that "mummifies" the pests so that they
don't "jelly away through you ceiling" yuk!!
Well it nearly happened, not pleasant at all.

There is a great product available at most pet stores called a cat.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Dissent

Wallaby Walker wrote:

Hey there Guys and Gals, I'm looking for a product to exterminate
rats & mice. (I asked this in the pet rat folder and copped a bit of
flack - amusing to say the least - those bods are the ultimate rat
lovers of the universe)
Apparently there is a poison product that "mummifies" the pests so
that they don't "jelly away through you ceiling" yuk!!
Well it nearly happened, not pleasant at all.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers Wallaby

Ummmmmmm. What about a mouse trap?

--
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission, hypocrisy, brutality,
the elite.... All of which are American dreams......

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
S. McLaren

There is a great product available at most pet stores called a cat.

Problem is that they also kill a lot of small native birds and wildlife. My
friends at Officer (a surburb with an unfortunate name if you ever get
pulled over by a Cop) have a collection of rare birds "collected" by their
two well fed cats. They like to hide in the bushes and ambush the small
birds as they fly pass.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Augie

So, S. McLaren said:

|| There is a great product available at most pet stores called a cat.
|| Problem is that they also kill a lot of small native birds and wildlife. My
|| friends at Officer (a surburb with an unfortunate name if you ever get
|| pulled over by a Cop) have a collection of rare birds "collected" by their
|| two well fed cats. They like to hide in the bushes and ambush the small
|| birds as they fly pass.

Collar bells.

--

Augie
www.ozdebate.net

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Andrew G

"Dissent" wrote in message
Ummmmmmm. What about a mouse trap?

--
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission, hypocrisy, brutality,
the elite.... All of which are American dreams......

Certainly the most sensible method to kill them if the original poster is
worried about them dying and smelling in the house.
I recently heard that a way to kill them is "plaster of paris" the powder,
in milk. The drink it, and it hardens inside them. But not sure on the mix
rates, and still they will still die and smell. Not sure on how effective
though.

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
SG1

Equal portions of cement, flour & icing sugar. I have not tried it as i
feed the ones I trap to the dogs, but people around here swear by it (not at
it). Here is outback Qld.
Jim

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Gabra

"S. McLaren" wrote in message
There is a great product available at most pet stores called a cat.

Problem is that they also kill a lot of small native birds and wildlife.

My
friends at Officer (a surburb with an unfortunate name if you ever get
pulled over by a Cop) have a collection of rare birds "collected" by their
two well fed cats. They like to hide in the bushes and ambush the small
birds as they fly pass.

Perhaps keep 'em indoors, build an enclosure. Mine are fine inside.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Gabra

Wallaby Walker wrote:

Hey there Guys and Gals, I'm looking for a product to exterminate
rats & mice. (I asked this in the pet rat folder and copped a bit of
flack - amusing to say the least - those bods are the ultimate rat
lovers of the universe)
Apparently there is a poison product that "mummifies" the pests so
that they don't "jelly away through you ceiling" yuk!!
Well it nearly happened, not pleasant at all.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers Wallaby

Ummmmmmm. What about a mouse trap?

I've got a great mouse trap--it's a little cage that they can get in but
can't get out. Been catching them and releasing them in assorted locations.
Not good for rats, because it's too small.