Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Honky Nut

Default Gardenia

Hello everyone!

I am new to this group but I have already learned so much after reading
through so many interesting posts.

I hope you can help me solve a problem of mine, its not overly important but
I am merely curious.

I have a beautiful Gardenia it is SO healthy, lush green shiny leaves, no
yellowing and it sends out new shoots constantly... but it has never
flowered. I have had it in various positions from full sun to part sun but
alas it keeps enlarging in size and is a picture of health but Ive not even
had one bud from it. What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards

Leanne

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Geodyne

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 00:38:01 +0800, "Honky Nut"
wrote:
I have a beautiful Gardenia it is SO healthy, lush green shiny leaves, no
yellowing and it sends out new shoots constantly... but it has never
flowered. I have had it in various positions from full sun to part sun but
alas it keeps enlarging in size and is a picture of health but Ive not even
had one bud from it. What am I doing wrong?

This sounds like too much nitrogen to me. How do you fertilise it?

Tara

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Honky Nut

wrote:
I have a beautiful Gardenia it is SO healthy, lush green shiny leaves, no
yellowing and it sends out new shoots constantly... but it has never
flowered. I have had it in various positions from full sun to part sun

but
alas it keeps enlarging in size and is a picture of health but Ive not

even
had one bud from it. What am I doing wrong?

This sounds like too much nitrogen to me. How do you fertilise it?

Tara

All I use is a granulated slow release fertilizer for flowering plants. I
also use epsom salts very occasionally to treat the yellowing due to lack of
iron. Can you suggest something else I should put on it?

Thanks... Leanne

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
ÑödD¥

I fed mine citrus a couple of doses of Nitrosol Citrus & Fruit liquid plant
food and they have responded fantastic also solved the yellowing of the
leaves. they are a mass of buds and flowers.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Nuno Souto

Fri, 20 Dec 2002 00:38:01 +0800, Honky Nut said (and I quote):

I have a beautiful Gardenia it is SO healthy, lush green shiny leaves, no
yellowing and it sends out new shoots constantly... but it has never
flowered. I have had it in various positions from full sun to part sun but

Yup, same here. Will try that Citrus thing next...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Heather Edwards

Consider which fertiliser you are using a soluble one may be best you need
to check the NPK Ratio on the side of the pack. K or potassium should be
high for flowering. if you have a high N number you will find that it grows
great leaves. P is for the root system. If this fails chat to your nursery
about fertiliser and position of the plant Hope this helps. Heather.

"Honky Nut" wrote in message
Hello everyone!

I am new to this group but I have already learned so much after reading
through so many interesting posts.

I hope you can help me solve a problem of mine, its not overly important

but
I am merely curious.

I have a beautiful Gardenia it is SO healthy, lush green shiny leaves, no
yellowing and it sends out new shoots constantly... but it has never
flowered. I have had it in various positions from full sun to part sun

but
alas it keeps enlarging in size and is a picture of health but Ive not

even
had one bud from it. What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards

Leanne

History And Care Of Gardenia Plants And Gardenia Flowers BobWalsh Gardening 12 19-02-2012 04:30 AM
gardenia trouble David Shalita Gardening 1 20-04-2003 06:08 PM
Gardenia leaves turning yellow [email protected] Gardening 4 12-04-2003 12:56 PM
gardenia help req ÑòDd¥ Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:32 AM
Gardenia Susan Gardening 2 02-03-2003 05:39 AM