Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
SG1

Default Thanks Rats and mice

As I understand it "solid mice" The cement sets using the fluid of the
eater. Patio statues maybe?????
Jim

"Wallaby Walker" wrote in message
Thanks guys for the advice, agree with S.McLaren re the cats, and yes if

you
have one keep it inside! Bells, Augie? The only one for a cat's collar

are
the original Swiss cow bells; small reptiles can't hear bells, but the cow
variety sure as hell slows 'em down!! Jim, thanks for reminding me of

that
one, I heard it on Landline once many years ago, but does it solidify the
entire little mongrels?
Cheers Wallaby

"Wallaby Walker" wrote in message
Hey there Guys and Gals, I'm looking for a product to exterminate rats &
mice. (I asked this in the pet rat folder and copped a bit of flack -
amusing to say the least - those bods are the ultimate rat lovers of the
universe)
Apparently there is a poison product that "mummifies" the pests so that

they
don't "jelly away through you ceiling" yuk!!
Well it nearly happened, not pleasant at all.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers Wallaby

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
John Savage

Default Rats and mice

"Wallaby Walker" writes:
Apparently there is a poison product that "mummifies" the pests so that they
don't "jelly away through you ceiling" yuk!!

Why not glue a rattrap into the middle of a large tray or sheet of
cardboard, so you can drag it to the manhole and remove it from your
ceiling? One disadvantage of a rattrap is that once one rat has been
caught, the others will usually be very wary of going anywhere near
the trap for a few weeks. Whereas with baits, once one starts to eat
it, others join in, and they all succumb only after a few days. Most
of the time, the baited rats do not die in the walls or ceiling; for
some reason they seem to seek sunlight, and you'll find them dead or
dying outside on the concrete path or on the lawn.

There is the "rat glue" product. You could put it onto a metal tray
or stout wood board, but it doesn't kill the rat, just holds it fast.
So you have to put up with its squeals and go and finish off the
captive rat (unless it chews its own leg off to make an escape, or
dies of shock).
--
John Savage (for email, replace "ks" with "k" and delete "n")