Old 05-04-2003, 07:34 AM
Andrew G

Default starting market stalls and selling plants

"dave" ///// wrote in message
u...
Hi,

Im just wondering has anyone had any experience in selling plants at
markets and can anyone give advice on this matter. All input would be
greatly appreciated.

David

I think len had real good advice.
I know you said plants, but it did remind me of something.
A few of the guys at work have to undertake a "Farm Chemicals Users course",
even using roundup in a job needs this. Thankfully I don't have to re-new
mine for 2yrs :-)
Anyway they seemed suprised regarding the laws selling fruit/veges V's
giving away Fruit/veges that could contain traces of chemical.
Of course, be careful of using chemicals on fruit/veges, and if you must,
follow the directions and take note of any witholding periods.
If you sell fruit/veges (at markets is included), and the inspectors take
some samples and find chemical in it above allowed levels, then there is BIG
fines.
However, give them away, and it is ok. Go figure!

Point I'm trying to make, is be very careful if selling fruit/veges at
markets or anywhere. Preferably grow them organically

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply