GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomatoes problem /variety (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/13227-tomatoes-problem-variety.html)

mick 05-04-2003 06:34 AM

Tomatoes problem /variety

Hi,
I was hoping for some help from the group.
This year I planted Grosse Lisse tomatoes.I sprayed and dusted them and the
end result is I have hundreds of tomatoes but 90% of them have a green grub
in them.I will still keep going with them for a while but was after
recommendations of what variety to plant next.Is there a variety that is
more resistant to these pests.I want to grow a good size not cherry or Tom
Thumb etc.I am in SE QLD,
Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen,
Best Wishes,
Mick

Dissent 05-04-2003 06:34 AM

Tomatoes problem /variety

mick wrote:

Hi,
I was hoping for some help from the group.
This year I planted Grosse Lisse tomatoes.I sprayed and dusted them
and the end result is I have hundreds of tomatoes but 90% of them
have a green grub in them.I will still keep going with them for a
while but was after recommendations of what variety to plant next.Is
there a variety that is more resistant to these pests.I want to grow
a good size not cherry or Tom Thumb etc.I am in SE QLD,
Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen,
Best Wishes,
Mick

The green grub is actually a listening device planted there by the CIA
in conjuction with the reverse vampires that are working for The Feds.
Beware........You have been chosen! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

--
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission, hypocrisy, brutality,
the elite.... All of which are American dreams......

Chookie 05-04-2003 06:34 AM

Tomatoes problem /variety

In article , "mick"
wrote:

I was hoping for some help from the group.
This year I planted Grosse Lisse tomatoes.I sprayed and dusted them and the
end result is I have hundreds of tomatoes but 90% of them have a green grub
in them.I will still keep going with them for a while but was after
recommendations of what variety to plant next.Is there a variety that is
more resistant to these pests.

A green caterpillar with black and yellow decoration? That's tomato grub.
Was your spraying and dusting advertised as effective against them? You might
need a specific remedy, though the sheer number makes me think it could be due
to freak weather conditions.

Anyone in Sydney seen any fruit fly yet? I am hoping the low humidity will
discourage the blighters.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Once long ago, against her breast, a mother hush'd a babe to rest
Who was the Prince of heav'n above, the Lord of gentleness and love...
John Wheeler, 'The Silver Stars are in the Sky'

Geodyne 05-04-2003 06:34 AM

Tomatoes problem /variety

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:23:10 +1100, "Dale Cohen"
wrote:

fruit fly galore, ruined half my peaches, I'm on northern beaches.

Yet surprisingly, in NW Sydney, they haven't found my (4 in total)
peaches yet.

Fingers crossed. The peaches are almost ripe and I'm hoping they ripen
before I go away on the 2nd of Jan.

Tara