Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
rob

Default Ride on mower

Hi not sure if this is the right group but. I was wondering if anyone has
any experience with toro mowers. I want to purchase a good mower at
reasonable price any recommendations.
thankyou Rob

Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
John Savage

"rob" writes:
Hi not sure if this is the right group but. I was wondering if anyone has
any experience with toro mowers. I want to purchase a good mower at
reasonable price any recommendations.
thankyou Rob

Rob, mate, this is bad, bad planning. What were you thinking??

Had you planned it right, you would have bought the thing last month and
given it to the misses for Christmas!!
--
John Savage (for email, replace "ks" with "k" and delete "n")

Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Harry

It's a difficult question to answer.
If you have a manicured large yard then the 'plastic' type ride-ons are OK.
Toro, Husqvarna, Murray (Victa)
The twin blade type have smaller turning circles (good for going around
trees).

If you have a rough acreage, then the all metal mowers are best.
These are Greenfield, Cox & Rover (all Australian made).
I think these are single blade type.
The Greenfield and Cox use a variable drive heel/toe mechanism (very
simple).
The Rover uses gear selection.

The other consideration is HP. Don't get the biggest - get what is
suitable.

--
Harry

"rob" wrote in message ...
Hi not sure if this is the right group but. I was wondering if anyone has
any experience with toro mowers. I want to purchase a good mower at
reasonable price any recommendations.
thankyou Rob

FS : Wolf Garten Ride-On Mower Ashley Stevens United Kingdom 0 06-07-2004 11:02 AM
Ride on - lawn mower P&J United Kingdom 19 18-09-2003 08:29 PM
Stiga Ride on Mower mark tognella United Kingdom 1 04-09-2003 08:04 PM
ride on mower rob Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
ride on mower rob Lawns 1 01-01-2003 03:32 AM