GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Push (Reel) Mowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/13263-push-reel-mowers.html)

Leon Taylor 05-04-2003 06:35 AM

Push (Reel) Mowers

Used to use a mower in a smallish garden in the UK which was a reel mower
with a roller behind not motorized - the reel was driven at suitably high
gear ratio by a chain attached to the roller.
I have a smallish garden in SE Queensland & have tried the flymo type of
reel mower but that is too much of a toy for my grass which is neat but
dense.
I looked on UK websites for mowers but did not locate one of these
machines - only similar motorised machines.
Anyone know where these machines can be found please?

Bushy 05-04-2003 06:35 AM

Push (Reel) Mowers

I have a cheap model light weight one that is not up to the job on the farm,
a cow is a much better investment. A lawn mower that you sell for more than
you paid for it!

However if you get one of the older heavier ones, maybe from the markets or
a second hand tools shop, they are much better.

Haven't seen them new anywhere, but they are certainly around second hand.
If your grass is light and the yard small, you can have my one for twenty
bucks. I'm near Gatton.

Peter