Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Farea Saref

Default Gro Plus Complete FERTILIZER

I bought the fertiliser "Gro-Plus Complete" (Yates)
It's used as a fist of hand / square meter.(roughly)
I tried to dissolve it in water but it does not nearly dissolve..
Who knows how can I make solution with this fertiliser?
I thought trying to dissolve it in hot water, but it may change its
formula!!!!
Please Help.
Saref

Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Andrew G

"Farea Saref" wrote in message
I bought the fertiliser "Gro-Plus Complete" (Yates)
It's used as a fist of hand / square meter.(roughly)
I tried to dissolve it in water but it does not nearly dissolve..
Who knows how can I make solution with this fertiliser?
I thought trying to dissolve it in hot water, but it may change its
formula!!!!
Please Help.
Saref

Just trying to think what the Gro-Plus Complete looks like? Hmm, anyway:

Best thing is to use it as directed (the handfull thing).
It is probably slow release, and if you did use it as directed you may find
remnants of it about a month later, even with all the weathering, so it
would take a long time to dissolve.
Hot water could change it's formula, and it may not work, but something
worse could happen......
That handful to a square metre will release goodies into the soil slowly,
and each time it gets water.
If you manage to dilute that same handful, and use it to a square metre, it
will all go into the soil at once and possibly kill the plant.
I wouldn't even try using the mix as a foliage fertiliser. I'm pretty sure
that would burn.
I think it would be best to use it as directed.

Good luck

Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Dwayne

I know absolutely nothing about your fertilizer, but here in the US they are
rated by content. 10-10-10 means that it contains 10 percent of nitrogen
for the development of greens and leaves. I have forgotten what the second
two are for exactly, but one is for the roots and the other is for setting
fruit. I have seen in writing, where someone recommends using 2 tablespoon
of dry fertilizer in a gallon of water (That should be about 3.6 liters).
You can leave it overnight, or just water as you normally would, and when
you get to the bottom of the watering can, take the lid off and scatter the
remaining pieces of slow release particles along the sides of your rows.

I did this a lot last year and had no harmful effects. You have to do two
or three applications during the growing year and at the right times, but
that is the same with any fertilizer.

Good luck. Dwayne

Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Just a little bit

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 14:15:41 +1100, "Farea Saref" wrote:

I bought the fertiliser "Gro-Plus Complete" (Yates)
It's used as a fist of hand / square meter.(roughly)
I tried to dissolve it in water but it does not nearly dissolve..
Who knows how can I make solution with this fertiliser?
I thought trying to dissolve it in hot water, but it may change its
formula!!!!

It isn't meant to be dissolved in water.

It is a slow release fertilizer and breaks down gradually over a couple of
months.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Andrew G

"Dwayne" wrote in message
I know absolutely nothing about your fertilizer, but here in the US they

are
rated by content. 10-10-10 means that it contains 10 percent of nitrogen
for the development of greens and leaves. I have forgotten what the

second
two are for exactly, but one is for the roots and the other is for setting
fruit.

SNIP

The other 2 are Phosphorous, and Potassium.
All up it's known as N:P:K

(N)itrogenP)hosphorous:Potassium........ Potassium though is knon as K
Phosphorous for root growth, and Potassium for flowering.
e.g
To get most plant going real well, add a fertiliser with the 3rd number
being the highest just as flowering starts, or just before. The rest of the
year try for the first 2 numbers higher. That's just generally.
For new lawns, first 2 numbers high, last number virtually nothing. For
established lawns, probably try get one with the first number highest, 2nd
in the middle, and 3rd next to nothing.

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply

Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
dave

Phosphorous shouldnt be too high for some Australian natives though as this
can burn the roots...