Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
D_Mozina

Default Chenille Plant

I was given a plant for christmas by a girlfriend. I have since discovered
it to be a "Acalypha hispida", more commonly known as a "Chenille Plant".
I beleive it is a plant that is grown in Malaya. Therefore is tropical.
I live in Dubbo NSW, can anyone tell me how to look after it, it gets very
hot here, but in the winter it gets extremely cold.
It seems to be thriving outside in the shade of a huge pine cone tree,
however, I am thinking that I may have to have it inside during the winter
months.
Can anyone help me regarding care and maintenance.

JILLSIE.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"D_Mozina" wrote:

I was given a plant for christmas by a girlfriend. I have since discovered
it to be a "Acalypha hispida", more commonly known as a "Chenille Plant".

Can't find any Aussie cultivation info on Google (it's "tender in Phoenix",
though!), but in Sydney they are more commonly called Red Hot Cat's Tails.
Ring a local nursery and see what they say.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

The most consistent empirical proof from history is the doctrine of human
depravity. -- Chuck Colson