Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Colleen M Curran

Default movimg Echuca way

Hello people,
I am looking to relocate to Echuca or there about in the
next 12 months. Like some wild beasts I am heading back
homewards to see out my days, hopefully many of them.

I enjoy gardening and am not all that knowledgable even
though I constantly am reading books and magazines.

I love roses and I know my Grandmother grew some lovely ones
up in Deniliquin so hopefully that will be okay around
Echuca way. Can anyone give me some ideas as to nice
perfumed and pretty shrubs and trees I can grow in this
area. I am aware water is a problem so please be aware of
this also.
Thanks Colleen

--
The huge lake is a big pond when you reply to me...

Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
John Savage

"Colleen M Curran" writes:
I love roses and I know my Grandmother grew some lovely ones

There is a keen rose gardener I know, he has over 200 different varieties.
I asked him for the names of a few perfumed ones:

Mr Lincoln (red)
Oklahoma (dark red)
Apricot Nectar (apricot)
Blueberry Hill (blue, or to most eyes, mauve)
Admiral Lincoln (white+mauve bicolour)

He buys most of his by mail order from Trelaws Roses, Portland, Vic.
I might not have spelt that name correctly.

HTH
--
John Savage (for email, replace "ks" with "k" and delete "n")