Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
alwynne mackie

Default Coppicing a Robinia

I want to coppice a golden robinia (Robinia pseuoacacia Friesia) to turn it
into a low shrub. Has anyone had any experience of this? The plant is a new
one.
Many thanks,
Alwynne

Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Just a little bit

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:28:02 +1100, "alwynne mackie"
wrote:

I want to coppice a golden robinia (Robinia pseuoacacia Friesia) to turn it
into a low shrub. Has anyone had any experience of this? The plant is a new
one.

If you trim a robinia, they tend to sucker everywhere.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Terry Collins

alwynne mackie wrote:

I want to coppice a golden robinia (Robinia pseuoacacia Friesia) to turn it
into a low shrub. Has anyone had any experience of this? The plant is a new
one.

AIUI coppicing is to cut everything off above the ground, like they do
in the Mallee for eucalyptus oil farms.

No experience with the Robina, but most natives can be trimmed, usually
after flowing.
The trick might be to trim it back each year (half?) until it gets to
the size you want then, keep it there.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au www:
http://www.woa.com.au

coppicing Alder Hcaterpillar Gardening 0 06-01-2009 06:27 PM
Trees good for coppicing Ken United Kingdom 16 28-04-2008 12:51 PM
Robinia (casque rouge) Still hibernating rick osborn About GardenBanter 2 07-11-2005 10:04 AM
Pruning Robinia / Bob Jeffery United Kingdom 2 21-05-2003 09:09 AM
Pruning Robinia Bigjon United Kingdom 7 18-05-2003 04:20 PM