GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A hameless plug for recent topics!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/13323-re-hameless-plug-recent-topics.html)

augie 05-04-2003 07:35 AM

So, Terry Collins said:

|| augie wrote:
|| There has been lots of DIY and 'fixit' talk here lately, thought you
|| might be interested knowing about an Aussie email group that discusses
|| just those things, as well as other house and garden issues.
|| Just my 2c. Interesting, but it is on Yahoo, so I won't touch it.
|| Whenever I joined something on Yahoo, I always end up getting html
|| loaded email, piles of spam, and WWW links open various spam filled
|| windows.

The group is moderated and has been running for quite some time without
problems.

Your experience with Yahoo is possibly limited to unmoderated groups.

Terry Collins 05-04-2003 07:35 AM

augie wrote:

Your experience with Yahoo is possibly limited to unmoderated groups.

It is a Yahoo problem. They think everyone is just fascinated by the
excruciating slow download of copious graphics. They keep sending them
to you even though you keep telling them not to. It wasn't related to
moderation.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au www:
http://www.woa.com.au

augie 05-04-2003 07:35 AM

--
You lost me there. I have had groups on One list who merged with egroups
who became owned by Yahoo groups since 97. I have never had problems with

You say 'they' keep sending 'them' to you. Who is they, and what is them?
You only get from a group what you ask for - if you sign onto a group and
elect to receive individual emails from that community then that is what
you will get - but the emails are from the community not from yahoo
themselves.

You stand more chance of being spammed to death on usenet by using a
legit address with no spam trap.