Old 05-04-2003, 07:35 AM
Teddy

Default transplanting olive tree

We are growing an olive tree (2 years old) in a pot (in Sydney) but we need
to move it to a larger pot.
Does anyone know when the best time to transplant would be? We would like to
do it as soon as we can as it is part of a garden makeover but I suspect the
hot Sydney summer may not be the best time.
Thanks for any advice
Ted

Old 05-04-2003, 07:35 AM
Andrew G

"Teddy" wrote in message
We are growing an olive tree (2 years old) in a pot (in Sydney) but we

need
to move it to a larger pot.
Does anyone know when the best time to transplant would be? We would like

do it as soon as we can as it is part of a garden makeover but I suspect

the
hot Sydney summer may not be the best time.
Thanks for any advice
Ted

Give it a good watering before transplanting (say a day or 2 before).

If the tree is in good condition, there is no reason why it cannot be
transplanted now. As long as you give it a good water after potting up. Just
don't over water.
IF you want to wait, leave it until around August, end of Winter, and do it
then.

Good luck

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply

Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 AM
How-Hie Ling

Hi,

I dug up two 2-year trees in September last year and put them into pots.
Both are doing well under a guava tree. I did prune some branches as soon as
I put them in pots. The trees were about 10 feet tall and flowering at that
time.

How-Hie Ling

Olive Tree Les Norton Australia 4 03-07-2003 01:44 PM
Spots on Olive tree leaves David Hill United Kingdom 1 28-05-2003 01:32 PM
Follow up to Unhealthy Olive tree.... Tyson Cooper United Kingdom 0 11-05-2003 12:32 AM
Unhealthy Olive tree..... (0/1) Tyson Cooper United Kingdom 9 10-05-2003 08:44 AM
Fungal/insect problem with Olive tree? (0/1) news.gtn.net United Kingdom 0 08-05-2003 10:56 PM