Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 AM
Harry

Default yellow leaves on lemon tree

Hello
Our lemon tree has lots of green fruit, but leaves are
yellowing?
Please advise what it needs.

Thanks

Harry
Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 AM
Willow

How often are you watering it? How much? Are you fertilising it? What with?

I water my Eureka Lemon twice a week by placing the sprinkler right next to
the trunk & turning it on only slightly for 15 mins. Most people recommend
you create a well around the plant that can hold about 10L of water, fill it
up & let it soak in. For fertilising there's a product you can buy which is
a mix of multiple minerals & nutrients which seems to be ideal for fruiting
plants... can't remember what it's called, but it was in the same section at
the nursery as citrus food, blood & bone etc Apparently the product
especially for citrus is pretty good too.

It could be a lack of water, but to me it sounds more like a lack of
nutrients in the soil.

--
Wanda
aka Willow

~~faeries are able to fly because they take themselves lightly~
. net...

Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 AM
Andrew G

"Harry" wrote in message
. net...
Hello
Our lemon tree has lots of green fruit, but leaves are
yellowing?
Please advise what it needs.

Thanks

Harry

Sorry, but I can only be of partial help here, to narrow it down.
I remember this from Tafe.
There can be yellowing of leaves on citrus in Feburary or August. Hmmm,
probably other times too :-)
Anway it's a deficiency, and one of those 2 months it's Magnesium, the other
its Iron.
The only thing is I can't remember what deficiency went with what month :-(
So it's either a Iron deficiency or magnesium deficieny. Maybe someone here
knows which one is which?

Good luck

Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 AM
Dwayne

If your pH is too high it will lock up the nutrients your plant needs. Iron
is one of the ones it will affect. You might check it out. Good luck.
Dwayne

"Andrew G" wrote in message
"Harry" wrote in message
. net...
Hello
Our lemon tree has lots of green fruit, but leaves are
yellowing?
Please advise what it needs.

Thanks

Harry

Sorry, but I can only be of partial help here, to narrow it down.
I remember this from Tafe.
There can be yellowing of leaves on citrus in Feburary or August. Hmmm,
probably other times too :-)
Anway it's a deficiency, and one of those 2 months it's Magnesium, the

other
its Iron.
The only thing is I can't remember what deficiency went with what month

:-(

Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 AM
HonkyNut

I know this sounds really gross but I have a friend who has a lemon tree...
when the leaves go yellow he takes a leak on it and within a couple of weeks
its back to lush again. He learned the trick from a nursery friend who
swears by it. I guess its the ultimate example of recycling.

Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 AM
John Savage

Harry writes:
Our lemon tree has lots of green fruit, but leaves are
yellowing?
Please advise what it needs.

Others have given the right advice.

If you are not able to get some trace elements quick smart, try a
couple of dessert spoonfuls of Epsom Salts in a wateringcan of water
distributed out to the dripline, then set a sprinkler to water this in
well.
--
John Savage (newsgroup email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)