Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Luke

Default More pumpkin advice

Again this question is regarding my buttercup pumpkins. How do you know when
the right time to pull them off the vine is? I'm not a fan of pumpkins but
am growing them for my wife, I have a few large ones in my patch but am
unsure how long to leave them in there. Any help would be great.

Thanks once again.

Luke

---

Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Luke" wrote:

Again this question is regarding my buttercup pumpkins. How do you know when
the right time to pull them off the vine is? I'm not a fan of pumpkins but
am growing them for my wife, I have a few large ones in my patch but am
unsure how long to leave them in there. Any help would be great.

Wait until the stem withers, then cut it off, leaving some stem attached to
the pumpkin. I hear that if you pull the stem off (easy to do), the pumpkin
will rot more quickly as the stem base provides an entry point for bacteria
and fungi. Put your pumpkins on the shed roof to cure for a month or so, then
eat.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

The most consistent empirical proof from history is the doctrine of human
depravity. -- Chuck Colson
Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Sprog

Have a look at
http://www.agric.wa.gov.au/agency/Pu...fn035_2002.rtf

"Luke" wrote:

Again this question is regarding my buttercup pumpkins. How do you know when
the right time to pull them off the vine is? I'm not a fan of pumpkins but
am growing them for my wife, I have a few large ones in my patch but am
unsure how long to leave them in there. Any help would be great.

Thanks once again.

Luke

---

identifying new pumpkin was re; pumpkin curry soup meee Australia 1 28-11-2005 03:14 AM
as amazingly as Willy joins, you can help the pumpkin much more usably [email protected] United Kingdom 0 01-09-2005 03:10 PM
Pumpkin Advice Luke Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
More pumpkin advice Luke Australia 2 08-03-2003 07:45 AM
Pumpkin Advice Luke Australia 3 22-02-2003 09:34 PM