Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Willow

Default OT - Painted Terracotta Sealer?

Hi

I just bought a painted terracotta digging dog for my enclosed garden (it's
half a dog, the rest is supposedly in a hole). Just wondering if anyone has
any ideas of what kind of sealer I can use that will repel water & stains
while not affecting the paint.

--
Wanda
aka Willow

~~faeries are able to fly because they take themselves lightly~

Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
silvasurfa

"Willow" wrote in message ...
Hi

I just bought a painted terracotta digging dog for my enclosed garden

(it's
half a dog, the rest is supposedly in a hole). Just wondering if anyone

has
any ideas of what kind of sealer I can use that will repel water & stains
while not affecting the paint.

Not sure what sealant to use, but make sure you seal it on every surface
that will get wet, otherwise you might have stains appear from the inside
out too.

Terracotta dog eh? Guess we all have our weak spots when it comes to kitsch.
I refuse to confirm or deny whether my yard has ever harboured a gnome.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Willow

ah, there you go! My house is full of gnomes, dragons, trolls etc. They're
all fairly unique & well made (not the cheap n nasties you get at
supermarkets), they all also have names & job descriptions. Not to mention
their own page on my website

Old 05-04-2003, 06:37 AM
J & A Haig

Willow,

resist water-borne coatings and go for the slate & tile sealers you see at
paint stores & hardwares. Usually acrylic so good weathering resistance &
paint both inside & out to stop back staining.

jim