GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is a gramma? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/138570-re-what-gramma.html)

David Hare-Scott 06-03-2006 08:41 AM

What is a gramma?

"Claude" wrote in message
Want to make a gramma pie like my dear old mum used to make when I was a
kid. However I'm having trouble tracking down a gramma - I've tried Vic
Market (Melb) but the vendors look non-plussed when I mention it. I

recall
that a gramma looked like a butternut pumpkin, but is that what it is? Or
is it something different? Google hasn't helped

It's a kind of pumpkin that is a bit soft and sweet, not really a good
keeper IIRC

David