Old 08-03-2006, 09:03 AM posted to aus.gardens
Potaroo

Default Month by month vege plant times?

Don' get on here very often, it may have been asked prior. Does anyone know
of a web site for catered for Sydney-siders to plant veges by the month?
Cheers, Pete from the Hawkesbury region

Old 09-03-2006, 12:48 AM posted to aus.gardens
GreenieLeBrun

Potaroo wrote:
Don' get on here very often, it may have been asked prior. Does anyone know
of a web site for catered for Sydney-siders to plant veges by the month?
Cheers, Pete from the Hawkesbury region

This site has zonal planting guides:-
http://www.global-garden.com.au/ggplantguide.htm

Old 09-03-2006, 10:00 AM posted to aus.gardens
Potaroo

Thank you, I have now added it to my favourites, a good site, however not
comprehensive i sense but better than what I had (nil) !
Cheers, Pete from the Hawkesbury region

"GreenieLeBrun" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old 09-03-2006, 03:03 PM posted to aus.gardens
Terry Collins

Potaroo wrote:
Don' get on here very often, it may have been asked prior. Does anyone know
of a web site for catered for Sydney-siders to plant veges by the month?
Cheers, Pete from the Hawkesbury region

We use a combination of;
1) the dawn french book, which is Bowral (?) based
2) Planing calender on the back of Es-E-2-C calendars
(check it is still there)
3) commercial seed packets suggestins
4) Yates book
5) ????? (winging it)

Old 05-04-2006, 11:24 AM posted to aus.gardens
Geoff & Heather

Terry,
The ABC Gardening program book had it a few issues back - or the Diggers
Club magazines.

Diggers Club is worth joining for a year (if you can handle the anti
supermarket propaganda), to get the free book and to try out some
interesting seeds that are not available commercially - I have found some to
be much better producers than commercial varieties.

Cheers,
Geoff