Old 06-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Chookie

Default Garden Fever

Anyone else got that Autumn Garden Fever, where you suddenly discover all the
stuff you need to do in your garden, and actually start doing it?

I think it's the beautiful weather we're having here today. Went to the
Australian Plants Society Grevillea Group's Autumn Plant Sale at Mt Annan
yesterday and found quite a few plants from my Wanted List. All the ones that
had beds prepared have now been planted -- oddly enough, that's most of them!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990
Old 07-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Andrew G

"Chookie" wrote in message
Anyone else got that Autumn Garden Fever, where you suddenly discover all

the
stuff you need to do in your garden, and actually start doing it?

Hmmm so that's what it's called? :-)
At work we are pretty much trying to get in control of the sudden flickweed
explosion that seems to have occured in the past 2 weeks. Also add to that
the abundance of pitchforks growing.
Around the house been doing a little. 2 recent operations saw me indoors
laying on the lounge watching TV during a couple of weekends while the g/f
spent that time in the Garden. She loves it :-) Pity I'm back at work now.
Seems here on the Mid North Coast the still quite warm weather and some good
rain in the past month or 2 has meant stuff has not yet slowed in growing.
Still waiting for the ornamental peach out the back to lose all it's leaves
so I can prune it down REAL hard. While I'm at it the White cedar out the
front will be coming down too. I hope anyway.

Old 08-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Perksy

I know exactly what you mean!! There's weeds to get rid of, mulch to
buy - areas that have been sitting there all summer now need to get
some colour into them.

I am on an acre west of Brisbane and it seems like a never ending
job!! Though I don't help the situation by getting onto the garden
addresses and buying 50 bulbs - damn the Internet