Old 17-03-2006, 04:24 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terry Collins

Default Comfrey; transplanting in Sydney

What season do peeps moved/split their Comfrey?

We have decided to use the comfrey soil improvement method, but I don't
know when is the best time to dig and split the root bunch.
Old 17-03-2006, 05:47 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:24:02 +1100, Terry Collins wrote:

What season do peeps moved/split their Comfrey?

We have decided to use the comfrey soil improvement method, but I don't
know when is the best time to dig and split the root bunch.

For just about all plants, winter is the time to move them.
Old 17-03-2006, 07:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1

"Terry Collins" wrote in message
What season do peeps moved/split their Comfrey?

We have decided to use the comfrey soil improvement method, but I

don't
know when is the best time to dig and split the root bunch.

For comfrey any time will do.

Old 18-03-2006, 01:58 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

In article
,
Terry Collins wrote:

What season do peeps moved/split their Comfrey?

We have decided to use the comfrey soil improvement method, but I don't
know when is the best time to dig and split the root bunch.

Are you aware that once you have it, you won't be able to get rid of it? It's
a bit weedy IOW.

Generally, you'd be doing root division in autumn. I'd wait a week or so to
be sure it's going to stay cool.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"... if *I* was buying a baby I'd jolly well make sure it was at
least a two-tooth!"
Mary Grant Bruce, The Houses of the Eagle.

Comfrey Andre Kristani Australia 5 12-06-2004 12:03 PM
Getting rid of comfrey Jeremy Lunn Australia 5 05-11-2003 01:02 AM
Comfrey as prophylactic? ;-) David Berry United Kingdom 3 30-07-2003 03:03 PM
Something growing in my comfrey liquid !!! Druss United Kingdom 8 23-06-2003 09:32 AM
Comfrey as a Green Fertilizer? Computerman United Kingdom 10 07-05-2003 01:44 AM