Old 20-03-2006, 12:29 PM posted to aus.gardens
meee

Default mimosa nigra

That evil 'sensitive plant.' Does anyone know which chemical is best on it?
To kill it I mean....it's a small to medium plant, very invasive, with
purple fluffy flowers, leaves similar to acacia and thorns. I have been
pulling it out of my lawn for months, but every time it rains (and it rains
a lot) more seed seems to wash in from my neighbours. So instead of breaking
my back, and havinf very sore thumbs from the prickles, I would like to know
if anyone has used a chemical of any kind, and what worked and what didn't.
thanks in advance...

Old 21-03-2006, 10:10 PM posted to aus.gardens
meee

"Jonno" wrote in message
meee wrote:

That evil 'sensitive plant.' Does anyone know which chemical is best on
it? To kill it I mean....it's a small to medium plant, very invasive, with
purple fluffy flowers, leaves similar to acacia and thorns. I have been
pulling it out of my lawn for months, but every time it rains (and it
rains a lot) more seed seems to wash in from my neighbours. So instead of
breaking my back, and havinf very sore thumbs from the prickles, I would
like to know if anyone has used a chemical of any kind, and what worked
and what didn't. thanks in advance...

A goat or your dogs?
Sheep or shudder ZERO 'em Grin and evil laugh...Get rid of your neighbours
as well...Report em to the city council

Well, the dogs seem to have discovered the only plant they can't
destroy...mind you the dog that does the digging is a terrier whose main aim
in life is to irritate me. I swear she laughs as she digs up my tomatoes!! I
will try the Zero. Thanks for that!! As for the neighbours....they're nice
in every other way, so I think I'll let them off...and pass them a bottle of
Zero over the fence!!

Old 21-03-2006, 10:55 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

meee wrote:

"Jonno" wrote in message
u...

[...]

As long as they dont drink it....
Old 22-03-2006, 04:15 AM posted to aus.gardens
meee

"Jonno" wrote in message
meee wrote:

"Jonno" wrote in message
. au...

meee wrote:

[...]

Or assume i want them to drink it....

Old 22-03-2006, 04:54 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

meee wrote:

"Jonno" wrote in message
u...

meee wrote:

"Jonno" wrote in message
.au...

meee wrote:

[...]

YEAH Better take the VB label of it....

Old 22-03-2006, 05:04 AM posted to aus.gardens
meee

"Jonno" wrote in message
u...
meee wrote:

"Jonno" wrote in message
. au...

meee wrote:

"Jonno" wrote in message
m.au...

meee wrote:

[...]

OOps!! Yeah....that would probably help!! Or else they might waste a lot of
useful beer on the bloody weed....

Old 22-03-2006, 06:14 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

meee wrote:

"Jonno" wrote in message
. au...

meee wrote:

"Jonno" wrote in message
.au...

meee wrote:

"Jonno" wrote in message
om.au...

meee wrote:

[...]

Or use a lot of weed killer trying to get high Theyll never talk to you
agin...

Old 22-03-2006, 06:22 AM posted to aus.gardens
meee

"Jonno" wrote in message
u...
meee wrote:

[...]