Old 23-03-2006, 01:03 AM posted to aus.gardens
Ian Stanley, Brisbane

Default Rust on Frangipani in Brisbane

Does anyone know how to deal with the problem of rust on frangipani, it
has become a problem for me over the past few years and everything i
try does not seem to work

Ian

Old 23-03-2006, 01:18 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Ian Stanley, Brisbane wrote:

Does anyone know how to deal with the problem of rust on frangipani, it
has become a problem for me over the past few years and everything i
try does not seem to work

Ian

Hope this covers it. Google your frind indeed in times of need (grin) :-)

"rust on frangipani"

Answer: our old friend Don click on the link

http://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/200...rangipani_rust
Old 23-03-2006, 01:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Ian Stanley, Brisbane wrote:

Does anyone know how to deal with the problem of rust on frangipani, it
has become a problem for me over the past few years and everything i
try does not seem to work

Also try this...
http://www.plumeria101.com/problems/rust.html
Old 24-03-2006, 07:26 AM posted to aus.gardens
Ian Stanley, Brisbane

thanks jonno but i was hoping for a more personal account rather than a
link.

Old 24-03-2006, 07:32 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Ian Stanley, Brisbane wrote:

thanks jonno but i was hoping for a more personal account rather than a
link.

Well I find it impossible to grow these here in Melbourne. Also, I think
Don covers the situation rather well.
There does not appear to be much that can be done.
Im all for stopping stupid goverenment rules that create problems like
your rust.
Impoted fruit is dangerous in our unique country. We never had these
problems once upon a time... :-(

Old 24-03-2006, 01:39 PM posted to aus.gardens
Sandra Bodycoat

Hi
I would try contacting the site www.djsway.com.au they are frangipani
experts in/around Tweeds head, they are in the current Better Homes &
Garden.
cheers
Sandra

Old 30-03-2006, 12:43 AM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage

"Ian Stanley, Brisbane" writes:
Does anyone know how to deal with the problem of rust on frangipani, it
has become a problem for me over the past few years and everything i
try does not seem to work

You are careful to not wet the leaves when you water it are you?
While waiting for better advice, have you tried the milk + water spray?
One part of full cream milk to 8 parts water should do. Try it on the
leaves of one of your frangis to test whether it's going to work for you.
Apply fortnightly. Or weekly if you are really keen. :-)

I suppose there is such a thing as some frangis being more prone to
rust than others.