Old 28-03-2006, 10:50 AM posted to aus.gardens
Sandra Bodycoat

Default Damn agapanthus

Hi to all

I just wanted you all to know that nothing kills agapanthus & the only way
to remove them is by axe & shovel + a weekend of digging. No way did I think
it would be so strenuous there roots just keep on going, I have decided they
should only be in a pot.
Along with these I have cannas to remove but they appear to be dying, so it
maybe easier to dig out.
Thanks for listening to my whinge.
cheers
Sandra

Old 28-03-2006, 12:43 PM posted to aus.gardens
loosecanon

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
Hi to all

I just wanted you all to know that nothing kills agapanthus & the only way
to remove them is by axe & shovel + a weekend of digging. No way did I

think
it would be so strenuous there roots just keep on going, I have decided

they
should only be in a pot.
Along with these I have cannas to remove but they appear to be dying, so

it
maybe easier to dig out.
Thanks for listening to my whinge.
cheers
Sandra

hahahahahahahahaha

Been know to dig out 150 cannas in the last 2 years and they always come
back! So expect them to start shooting up!

Richard

Old 28-03-2006, 01:49 PM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown

loosecanon wrote:

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message

Hi to all

I just wanted you all to know that nothing kills agapanthus & the only way
to remove them is by axe & shovel + a weekend of digging. No way did I

think

it would be so strenuous there roots just keep on going, I have decided

they

should only be in a pot.
Along with these I have cannas to remove but they appear to be dying, so

it

maybe easier to dig out.
Thanks for listening to my whinge.
cheers
Sandra

hahahahahahahahaha

Been know to dig out 150 cannas in the last 2 years and they always come
back! So expect them to start shooting up!

Richard

Yep! Keep a sharp eye out for the little shoots and pull them before
they get big enough to form much of a root system. It'll take you a few
years to get rid of them all (seeds keep sprouting and roots keep
shooting), but you will in the end.

Best of luck! ;-D

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old 28-03-2006, 11:19 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

In article ,
"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote:

I just wanted you all to know that nothing kills agapanthus & the only way
to remove them is by axe & shovel + a weekend of digging. No way did I think
it would be so strenuous there roots just keep on going, I have decided they
should only be in a pot.

But just *think* of all those Pilates classes you don't have to go to now!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"... if *I* was buying a baby I'd jolly well make sure it was at
least a two-tooth!"
Mary Grant Bruce, The Houses of the Eagle.
Old 30-03-2006, 09:51 PM posted to aus.gardens
SyrianPrince

Well done keep on digging, You will win in the end
Syrian Prince