GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lemon Scented Gums (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/141752-re-lemon-scented-gums.html)

Terry Collins 31-03-2006 03:58 AM

Lemon Scented Gums

Linda H wrote:

I looked at snow gums (don't know the real names of them) but their
branches come out too low to the ground for the look I'm after.

Prune the lower branches off. Snow gums usually grow short unless in an
established forest.
Ghost Gums?
scribblies, etc

sorry, don't know the scientific name. Try looking around some native
gardens

Also, should I get really small ones and wait... and wait or get more
established ones because I gather native trees don't like to be
disturbed too much?

usual advice seemsto be start small. To do well, they need to get their
roots in and growing (slow growing period). If they have to support a
larger leaf mass, this can slow down establishment.