Old 31-03-2006, 09:17 AM posted to aus.gardens
Graham Feeley

Default Passionfruit ?

Hi I live in Brisbane,Qld and have a passionfruit plant just flowering and
fruiting.
Is there a soil additave that I can feed it so it will be fruitfull.
This is only its 2nd year and the first year it hardly produce at all
Graham

My inbox is protected from junk messages by Spam Filter Express.It's smart
and effective!
You can download a free trial version from
http://www.spam-filter-express.com

Old 31-03-2006, 09:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
Dave Turner

So when did it start flowering? Im curious as i've got a Nelly Kelly clone
growing now but i only planted it late last year so no flowers or anything
yet. It's gonna be a long wait!

Old 31-03-2006, 11:16 AM posted to aus.gardens
Ian Stanley, Brisbane

it might be too late now to fertilise the crop for this year but after
it flowers cut it right back and feed it with some epsom salts. then in
spring give it a dose of super phosphate and some potash throughout the
growing season and you will have more fruit next year
ian

Old 31-03-2006, 11:53 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Graham Feeley wrote:

Hi I live in Brisbane,Qld and have a passionfruit plant just flowering and
fruiting.
Is there a soil additave that I can feed it so it will be fruitfull.
This is only its 2nd year and the first year it hardly produce at all
Graham

They love lots of chook poo.
Gross feeders and need plenty water
See previous posts re details of passion fruit vines...

Old 01-04-2006, 05:30 PM posted to aus.gardens
Dave Turner

dont be so polite say bulls*** if you mean it.

you cant swear at a gardening newsgroup, we're too mellow

Old 01-04-2006, 11:00 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Dave Turner wrote:

dont be so polite say bulls*** if you mean it.

you cant swear at a gardening newsgroup, we're too mellow

sexual discrimination I say..(grin!).
Old 02-04-2006, 04:52 AM posted to aus.gardens
Graham Feeley

Thanks Everybody for their response, I know what to do after they finish
fruiting now.
Regards
Graham

Old 03-04-2006, 08:46 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

In article ,
"Graham Feeley" wrote:

Hi I live in Brisbane,Qld and have a passionfruit plant just flowering and
fruiting.
Is there a soil additave that I can feed it so it will be fruitfull.
This is only its 2nd year and the first year it hardly produce at all

They don't produce much in the first year.

The best fertiliser is, apparently, a dead cat underneath the seedling at
planting time. They love nitrogen. Don't try to put in a dead cat now as the
plants are very sensitive to root disturbance. Maybe Dynamic Lifter.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue

Old 03-04-2006, 10:28 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Chookie wrote:

In article ,
"Graham Feeley" wrote:

Hi I live in Brisbane,Qld and have a passionfruit plant just flowering and
fruiting.
Is there a soil additave that I can feed it so it will be fruitfull.
This is only its 2nd year and the first year it hardly produce at all

They don't produce much in the first year.

The best fertiliser is, apparently, a dead cat underneath the seedling at
planting time. They love nitrogen. Don't try to put in a dead cat now as the
plants are very sensitive to root disturbance. Maybe Dynamic Lifter.

Wow A dead cat. All the ones I see are live.
Would be a hell of a find....I can see it now !
Dead cat fertiliser. Ideal for passionfruit vine
Would be marketed by our mates at yates?
Look at your local council pet collection center..
Slogan "When normal poo wont do, try a cat or two..."
Come on youre not suggestion another use for a dead cat?
That would be use 102...
I read the first book. "101 uses for a dead cat..."
LOL ROFFLE

Passionfruit Robby Australia 6 09-12-2003 09:04 PM
Another passionfruit question Tom Elliott Australia 14 05-04-2003 07:35 AM
Passionfruit questions Tom Elliott Australia 2 05-04-2003 07:35 AM
Passionfruit (no fruit) brainspace Australia 6 28-03-2003 02:56 AM
passionfruit KH Australia 1 16-03-2003 11:20 AM