GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   chrysanthemums flowering already? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/141930-chrysanthemums-flowering-already.html)

Jen 04-04-2006 12:51 AM

chrysanthemums flowering already?

Some of my chrysanthemums are already starting to flower. Is this normal?
Should I remove the flower buds to delay them? Any ideas?

Jen

Farm1 04-04-2006 01:05 AM

"Jen" wrote in message

Some of my chrysanthemums are already starting to flower. Is this

normal?
Should I remove the flower buds to delay them? Any ideas?

This is the time that they flower - it's Autumn and that is when they
flower.

Jen 04-04-2006 03:14 AM

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"Jen" wrote in message

Some of my chrysanthemums are already starting to flower. Is this

normal?
Should I remove the flower buds to delay them? Any ideas?

This is the time that they flower - it's Autumn and that is when they
flower.

UMM!! Sorry, too early in the morning I think! What an idiot!! You're so
right. Pretend I didn't ask that.

Jen

Chookie 04-04-2006 11:16 AM

chrysanthemums flowering already?

In article ,
"Jen" wrote:

Some of my chrysanthemums are already starting to flower. Is this normal?

Yep.

Should I remove the flower buds to delay them? Any ideas?

If you remove some of the flower buds from each group, you get bigger flowers.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue

Jen 05-04-2006 01:57 AM

"Jen" wrote in message

Some of my chrysanthemums are already starting to flower. Is

this
normal?
Should I remove the flower buds to delay them? Any ideas?

This is the time that they flower - it's Autumn and that is when

they
flower.

UMM!! Sorry, too early in the morning I think! What an idiot!!

You're so
right. Pretend I didn't ask that.

:-))) Will do. I'll pass it off as a bad hair day on your part and
we'll say no more about it. :-)))

Thanks!!

Chookie 05-04-2006 02:24 PM

"Jen" wrote:

If you remove some of the flower buds from each group, you get bigger
flowers.

Well there you go, I got some useful advice with a totally stupid question.
Thanks so much I will do that.

First rule of librarianship: The only stupid question is the one that is not
asked.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue