Old 08-04-2006, 04:38 AM posted to aus.gardens
A&G&K&H

Default Lemon scented

"Staycalm" wrote in message
u...
The thread about the lemon scented gum got me thinking - have they ever
developed a smaller version of it? A weeping version would be lovely. What
other small trees (less than 3 metres) would have a nice scent?

Liz

Where are you again Liz?
Backhousia citriodora (Lemon myrtle which David suggested) has the same
beautiful scent and is lovely when used in cooking. See
http://farrer.csu.edu.au/ASGAP/b-cit.html
Its an attractive small tree, and I know someone who has successfully grown
it in Sydney ... apparently it will grow in southern states if it is
protected from frosts in the early years.
Amanda