GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shady Place (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/142338-shady-place.html)

matt_y39 13-04-2006 08:08 AM

Shady Place

i need a suggestion for a south facing plant very shady not much
sun,i'd like something that looks nice just outside my daughters
bedroom window.

loosecanon 13-04-2006 12:14 PM

Shady Place

"matt_y39" wrote in message
oups.com...
i need a suggestion for a south facing plant very shady not much
sun,i'd like something that looks nice just outside my daughters
bedroom window.

Clivia miniata, Philadendrum "xanadu" and impatiens are my suggestions.
Euphorbia milli - Crown of Thorns near the window. Will stop her from
sneaking out and boys sneaking in.

Chookie 20-04-2006 12:44 PM

Shady Place

In article .com,
"matt_y39" wrote:

i need a suggestion for a south facing plant very shady not much
sun,i'd like something that looks nice just outside my daughters
bedroom window.

What kind of size?

Vitex agnus-castus used to be planted outside girls' bedrooms (it's the Chaste
Tree!).

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue