Old 09-04-2003, 03:33 AM
James

Default termites and moisture meters

Most of the termite inspection information I've read on the internet
seems to include an initial test for termites using moisture meters.

If you are fairly sure you do not already have a termite problem,
would it be safe to assume you could do your own regular tests with a
moisture meter and avoid costly monitoring systems?

I'm working on the theory that I may never have a termite problem.

And why is there a real lack of information regarding amateur termite
detection? Termites are just critters. Detecting and killing them
shouldn't be the costly exercise it seems to be.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:08 AM
Andrew G

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply
"James" wrote in message
om...
Most of the termite inspection information I've read on the internet
seems to include an initial test for termites using moisture meters.

If you are fairly sure you do not already have a termite problem,
would it be safe to assume you could do your own regular tests with a
moisture meter and avoid costly monitoring systems?

If you know what you are looking for then there's no reason why not.
The cost of the moisture meter may be a factor though.

I'm working on the theory that I may never have a termite problem.

And why is there a real lack of information regarding amateur termite
detection? Termites are just critters. Detecting and killing them
shouldn't be the costly exercise it seems to be.

Yeah it is costly, and shouldn't be. I can understand the high cost after
you find out you have termites and they have done severe damage, but termite
inspections and prevention still costs a lot.
The old saying of prevention is better than cure, is the best option. If you
can do that you are laughing.
I got a lot of information about a year ago on termites. Do it yourself
prevention, including spraying, is relatively easy.

Good luck with it

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply

Old 10-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Ivon

Did you see 'today tonight' tonight (channel seven). Check out the
following site for further information on termite detection.
www.termidtecta.com

Ivon

"Andrew G" wrote in message ...
--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply
om...