GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I'm Looking for Permaculture Videos / DVD's by or about Bill Mollison. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/143482-im-looking-permaculture-videos-dvds-about-bill-mollison.html)

Permaculture with Bill Mollison 04-05-2006 02:25 AM

I'm Looking for Permaculture Videos / DVD's by or about Bill Mollison.

I'm Looking for Permaculture Videos / DVD's by or about Bill Mollison.

I had some really good & inspiring ones on video many years ago
(Visionaries - Bill Mollison + another 4 or 5 part series) but they
were lost while moving unfortunately.

It was incredible how even semi desert areas were transformed into
lush food-forests using few inputs, so imagine what could be done in
Australia using these amazing & proven techniques.

Bill Mollison really puts the Gardening Australia permaculture
'attempts' to shame.

If anyone knows where to get them, please respond.

Thank you very much.

Terry Collins 04-05-2006 10:56 AM

Permaculture with Bill Mollison wrote:

Bill Mollison really puts the Gardening Australia permaculture
'attempts' to shame.

Gardening Australia seems to deal mostly wih the urban block, whereas
Bill was dealing with rural land.

I also find GA a bit more ecologically responsible. BM didn't seem to
consider ecological impact when some of his recommendations; e.g.
pampass grass, blackberries, etc. Yes, the information was known in his
time.

Chookie 06-05-2006 07:42 AM

I'm Looking for Permaculture Videos / DVD's by or about Bill Mollison.

In article ,
"Permaculture with Bill Mollison" wrote:

I'm Looking for Permaculture Videos / DVD's by or about Bill Mollison.

I had some really good & inspiring ones on video many years ago
(Visionaries - Bill Mollison + another 4 or 5 part series) but they
were lost while moving unfortunately.

Probably this one:

Global gardener
by Mollison, Bill
Format:
[videorecording] /
Publication Details:
[Australia] : 220 Productions, c1991.
1 videocassette (VHS) (120 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
Notes:
Title on cassette jacket: Global gardener - gardening the world back to life
Some copies have cassette title: The global gardener compile.
Colour recording system: PAL
Contents:
In the tropics -- Dry lands - Cool climates -- Urban
Credits:
Produced with the assistance of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Performers:
Presented by Bill Mollison

It was incredible how even semi desert areas were transformed into
lush food-forests using few inputs, so imagine what could be done in
Australia using these amazing & proven techniques.

Er, Bill Mollison and David Holmgren ARE Australian! And there are quite a
few permaculturists around.

Bill Mollison really puts the Gardening Australia permaculture
'attempts' to shame.

There are a lot of permies around and I thought whatsisname did a reasonable
job. He's just starting a new project, I believe.

See:
http://www.tagari.com/
http://www.holmgren.com.au/

--