Old 05-05-2006, 01:37 PM posted to aus.gardens
Sandra Bodycoat

Default Hibiscus display

Hi to all

Today I went to a display of hibiscus', what can I say but the colours &
shapes were magnificent.
This was the West Aust hibiscus societys annual exhibition and is well worth
the effort. These people are happy to discuss & guide you with growing these
flowers etc.
I just love them & I came home with a few I hadnt seen before.
cheers
Sandra

Old 06-05-2006, 12:03 AM posted to aus.gardens
Dave Turner

yeah hibi's are noice. Never seen more than a few at any one time tho, a
display of them must've looked pretty awesome

Old 06-05-2006, 07:00 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC

G'day Sandra

Were you able to buy a Luna Red?
Bronwyn ;-)

Old 06-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered User

Location: Busselton WA

Yes a lot of people kinda despise Hibiscus. But they come in a great variety of shapes as well as flower colour. I think they're great for a small tree shape in cottage gardens and if aphids are around they'll get 'em which means that ladybird larvae breed up a lot as well and that's a plus for vegie growers. They're also good as a link plant leading from a tropical area of garden into a cottagey style.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:48 AM posted to aus.gardens
Sandra Bodycoat

Hi
No but I found what I was looking for, Luna red is like a tuberous begonia,
dies off in winter so I got what appears to be what I looked at & its called
Mollies ?; they are out in the garden & its raining.
The colours were beautiful; I will send you the name so you can look it up.
cheers

Old 06-05-2006, 04:31 PM posted to aus.gardens
Dave Turner

"godwin" wrote in message

Yes a lot of people kinda despise Hibiscus.

?? why on earth would anybody despise a hibi ???

Old 08-05-2006, 03:23 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC

G'day Sandra

I'll take note of that and try to find one. Thanks heaps!
Bronwyn ;-)

Sandra Bodycoat wrote:

Hi to all

Today I went to a display of hibiscus', what can I say but the colours &
shapes were magnificent.
This was the West Aust hibiscus societys annual exhibition and is well
worth the effort. These people are happy to discuss & guide you with
growing these flowers etc.
I just love them & I came home with a few I hadnt seen before.
cheers
Sandra

[IBC] 2004 Winter Silhouette Bonsai Display Contest Andy Rutledge Bonsai 2 07-10-2003 03:02 PM
Suicidal koi on display Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 3 19-07-2003 10:12 PM
[IBC] Constructing display posts Marty Haber Bonsai 6 30-04-2003 08:56 AM
[IBC] Bonsai display Jim Lewis Bonsai 8 02-03-2003 07:52 PM
Snowdrops on display Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 18-02-2003 04:43 PM