GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shirleys No17 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/143689-shirleys-no17.html)

Potaroo 08-05-2006 11:52 AM

Shirleys No17

I have rid my yard of lawn in favour of using the backyard for a better
purpose. It's now a mix of native Oz and French style potager.
The problem I have is I have an unused bag of Shirleys No17 lawn food. What
can I use this for other than lawn. Can it be used for my exotics, eg
rosemary, lavendar, vegetables, globe artichoke, rhubarb etc?
Cheers Potaroo

Terry Collins 08-05-2006 12:58 PM

Shirleys No17

Potaroo wrote:
I have rid my yard of lawn in favour of using the backyard for a better
purpose. It's now a mix of native Oz and French style potager.
The problem I have is I have an unused bag of Shirleys No17 lawn food. What
can I use this for other than lawn. Can it be used for my exotics, eg
rosemary, lavendar, vegetables, globe artichoke, rhubarb etc?

As I understand it, it is just &&* 343434[1] which is just a leaf growth
promotant and so is excellent for leafy vegetables.

[1] what ever {:-).