GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   companion planting for a mulberry tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/144221-companion-planting-mulberry-tree.html)

jay jay 17-05-2006 03:07 PM

companion planting for a mulberry tree

Hello, I planted a mulberry tree last year (its about 3-4 metres tall now) and in a circular bed which up till now I've kept almost free of weeds. The bed is about 2 metres diam. I would like to plant something that could provide some ground cover in the bed, as long as it doesn't compete with the Mulberry. Perhaps some herbs with lavender edges. Any advice or plant suggestions would be great.

many thanks

jay jay

Chookie 18-05-2006 01:47 PM

companion planting for a mulberry tree

In article ,
jay jay wrote:

Hello, I planted a mulberry tree last year (its about 3-4 metres tall
now) and in a circular bed which up till now I've kept almost free of
weeds. The bed is about 2 metres diam. I would like to plant
something that could provide some ground cover in the bed, as long as
it doesn't compete with the Mulberry. Perhaps some herbs with lavender
edges. Any advice or plant suggestions would be great.

Strawberries? With rhubarb round the edges?

The kinds of herbs you can walk on (mints, thymes, marjoram etc) might be
nice. Remember you want access to the tree during Red Stain Season.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue