Old 20-05-2006, 07:00 AM posted to aus.gardens
stationmaster

Default Yates Garden Guide 1988

can be yours on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=8422034097

Robin at Crystal Brook.
Photos: http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b330ceeea457
Dirtcircuit : http://www.trainweb.org/mystation/hotrod.htm
History of Steam: http://au.geocities.com/comptroller_pboro/
C.Brook: http://au.geocities.com/comptroller_...ystalBrook.htm
My Main Site: http://www.trainweb.org/mystation
Stevens Motors: http://au.geocities.com/comptroller_pboro/laura.htm
Online Sales: http://www.mrstationmaster.biz/myfunds.html
AusRailPhotos:
http://www.clubphoto.com/reward.php?...bin334854&pwd=

Old 20-05-2006, 01:42 PM posted to aus.gardens
loosecanon

"stationmaster" wrote in message
can be yours on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=8422034097

Robin at Crystal Brook.
Photos: http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b330ceeea457
Dirtcircuit : http://www.trainweb.org/mystation/hotrod.htm
History of Steam: http://au.geocities.com/comptroller_pboro/
C.Brook: http://au.geocities.com/comptroller_...ystalBrook.htm
My Main Site: http://www.trainweb.org/mystation
Stevens Motors: http://au.geocities.com/comptroller_pboro/laura.htm
Online Sales: http://www.mrstationmaster.biz/myfunds.html
AusRailPhotos:

http://www.clubphoto.com/reward.php?...bin334854&pwd=

I have a copy of the 1965. It includes lots of goodies like DDT and Dieldren
amongst others. The good old days!

Richard

Old 21-05-2006, 12:22 AM posted to aus.gardens
Spiny Norman

On Sat, 20 May 2006 15:30:58 +0930, "stationmaster"
wrote in aus.gardens:

can be yours on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=8422034097

I don't feel so bad using my 1979 edition then

Regards
Prickles

Timendi causa est nescire
This message only uses recycled electrons
Old 21-05-2006, 12:58 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

wrote in aus.gardens:

can be yours on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=8422034097

I don't feel so bad using my 1979 edition then

Regards
Prickles

Timendi causa est nescire
This message only uses recycled electrons

Knowlegde is lost through time. But we have our old yates garden books.
They should be worth something in the future. Too bad they printed so
many :-( of them....
Old 21-05-2006, 09:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
George.com

"loosecanon" wrote in message

I have a copy of the 1965. It includes lots of goodies like DDT and

Dieldren
amongst others. The good old days!

Richard

you should try out some of the advice they give and report back to us.

rob

Old 21-05-2006, 11:46 AM posted to aus.gardens
loosecanon

"George.com" wrote in message

"loosecanon" wrote in message

I have a copy of the 1965. It includes lots of goodies like DDT and

Dieldren
amongst others. The good old days!

Richard

you should try out some of the advice they give and report back to us.

rob

Hey Rob,

Do tell me more!

Cheers

Richard

Old 21-05-2006, 10:29 PM posted to aus.gardens
SG1

SWMBO got me a 1984 copy at Moree markets a month or 2 back for the princely
sum of $2.00 In really good condition too.....
Jim

Old 22-05-2006, 10:59 AM posted to aus.gardens
George.com

"George.com" wrote in message

"loosecanon" wrote in message

I have a copy of the 1965. It includes lots of goodies like DDT and

Dieldren
amongst others. The good old days!

Richard

you should try out some of the advice they give and report back to us.

rob

Hey Rob,

Do tell me more!

Cheers

like play around with some DDT and report your findings (on self and
garden). Slightly more serious mind, my Dad has a NZ version of the Yates
garden bible (either late 1960s or early 70s) and it seemed not to mention
DDT or the like when I browsed it last. It did recommend not using treated
wood for vege gardens and spoke very highly of animal poop years before
organic farming has given it a boost.

rob

Old 22-05-2006, 11:24 AM posted to aus.gardens
rapdor

"George.com" wrote in message

"loosecanon" wrote in message

I have a copy of the 1965. It includes lots of goodies like DDT and
Dieldren
amongst others. The good old days!

Richard

you should try out some of the advice they give and report back to us.

rob

Hey Rob,

Do tell me more!

Cheers

like play around with some DDT and report your findings (on self and
garden). Slightly more serious mind, my Dad has a NZ version of the Yates
garden bible (either late 1960s or early 70s) and it seemed not to mention
DDT or the like when I browsed it last. It did recommend not using treated
wood for vege gardens and spoke very highly of animal poop years before
organic farming has given it a boost.

rob

organic farmic has been around since farming began, about 7000BCE in
anatolia

Old 22-05-2006, 11:33 AM posted to aus.gardens
George.com

"George.com" wrote in message

[...]

but not necessarily under the term organic farming eh. My grandfather was
using poop on his vege garden 50 years back but it was what he had back
then. Of course people have used poop of generations. I absolutely agree
that organic gardening was something people have done for that long as well.
It has a 'brand' now however and stands as a contrast to synthetic
gardening. Maybe what we throw under the catch all term 'organic' now was
simply common sense 40 years ago. Although they did have DDT.

rob