Old 01-06-2006, 01:19 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

Default sg1

In article ,
gardenlen wrote:

lol lol chookie,

i mean they just look so silly even driving the things in the 'burbs,
need 48 point turn to park them in shop centre car parks, and muscles
like scwatsies brain to turn the steer wheel, oh and a step aldder to
get in and out of them.

groan

Tell me about it!

The only time they don't look silly is when you are crossing a road and one
comes flying round the corner, the driver is yapping into her mobile, and she
STILL HASN'T SEEN YOU as you leap out of the way.

THe Herald Good Weekend did a great hatchet job on 4WDs last year, saying that
according to official car company research they were being bought by impotent
middle-aged men!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 01-06-2006, 08:23 PM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen

g'day chookie,

oh right pick on us oldies blokes hey waht about these fems' with the
mobiles glued to both sides of the fuse box?? hey.

like ya said they got one objective and that is to get from point 'a'
to point 'b' and dnag the consequences.

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://mywebsite.bigpond.com/gardenlen2/
Old 01-06-2006, 08:33 PM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen

g'day kylie,

yes i had that fleeting thought of saying never, never, but found out
that we probably can never say "never". it comes under the being
flexible heading.

yeh specially painful as fuel prices rcoket ever upward and we
cringing putting fuel in out little effitient beast and they paying
near $200 to fill those giants, pretty much just to do the shopping in
and run the kids to school. no matter what the very very few of us try
it won't change the big picture and we all get to go down with the
rest of "them"

yes by not being "smart" i meant as a whole there are those dare i say
like some of us who could fit under the mantle of being smarter, but
as a whole i don't think we are smart enough.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:38 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

i hate the suburbs. i'm getting out of here as fast as i can (but
unfortunately that's just not fast enough). i hope you enjoy your stint, but
for me, i'm NEVER, EVER coming back.

I like it here in suburbia. But my garden is large enough to keep me
occupied, and I have two little boys who will grow up to appreciate our
proximity to the city. I like being in a freestanding house but think that
larger blocks than mine are generally wasted.

What don't you like in suburbia, Kylie?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 03-06-2006, 08:08 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

i hate the suburbs. i'm getting out of here as fast as i can (but
unfortunately that's just not fast enough). i hope you enjoy your stint,
but
for me, i'm NEVER, EVER coming back.

I like it here in suburbia. But my garden is large enough to keep me
occupied, and I have two little boys who will grow up to appreciate our
proximity to the city. I like being in a freestanding house but think
that
larger blocks than mine are generally wasted.

What don't you like in suburbia, Kylie?

it would be shorter to tell you what i DO like. g

1: my kids can have much more physical freedom as there aren't traffic
issues
and 2: (this is probably only specific to the canberra burbs, where i am) i
like the bush bands and massive parks that we have. (unfortunately the big
parks and bush bands only add to the endless spread, so they're actually
part of the problem g - merely a pleasant problematic aspect rather than
purely problematic.)

i love cities and i love the country, but this halfway existence in the
burbs is a dispiriting hell. still, it galvanised my interest in gardening,
so nothing's all bad eh :-)
kylie --- moving to the country soon, hurrah!

Old 03-06-2006, 08:15 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot

"gardenlen" wrote in message
g'day kylie,

yes i had that fleeting thought of saying never, never, but found out
that we probably can never say "never". it comes under the being
flexible heading.

yeh specially painful as fuel prices rcoket ever upward and we
cringing putting fuel in out little effitient beast and they paying
near $200 to fill those giants, pretty much just to do the shopping in
and run the kids to school. no matter what the very very few of us try
it won't change the big picture and we all get to go down with the
rest of "them"

hm, i look at it differently (otherwise i'd worry far too much ;-) - those
"very very few" are becoming more numerous every day; they want to AND
they're realising they have to. and all of us who have kids are making sure
that they too can be part of the solution rather than part of the problem.
and we tell our friends, and they tell their friends, and so it goes.

i mean really - in 20 years nobody will be talking about 4wds (just as one
example), will they? the 4wd fad's already peaked & people are getting real.
things move on, and (although i do wonder sometimes) mostly for the better.

yes by not being "smart" i meant as a whole there are those dare i say
like some of us who could fit under the mantle of being smarter, but
as a whole i don't think we are smart enough.

as a whole, probably not! then again, as a whole we probably never have been
nearly as smart as our best representatives, eh. i used to think we can all
become equally smart, but i don't think that any more. i think people are
just going to be left behind because they cannot get a grip on Modern Life.
but that's another story. :-)
kylie

Old 06-06-2006, 12:57 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

a point of correction obviously needed here otterbot, I was meaning the
little shits. Its the little shits who get driven to school by, to adopt
your usage, the 'shits'.

ah, i see. thank you for the correction.

in that case, i still object to "little shits" based on no evidence being
presented, but that is evidently my problem g

The evidence is in their parents' behaviour, surely?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 06-06-2006, 08:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

a point of correction obviously needed here otterbot, I was meaning the
little shits. Its the little shits who get driven to school by, to
adopt
your usage, the 'shits'.

ah, i see. thank you for the correction.

in that case, i still object to "little shits" based on no evidence being
presented, but that is evidently my problem g

The evidence is in their parents' behaviour, surely?

.... of driving a 4wd? errr - of course!!!!!! if that's not an example of the
apple not falling far from the tree, i don't know what is!! g
kylie
whose father owns a 4wd but i'm a big girl now so nobody holds me
responsible (i hope)

Ping sacha - reposted message! Ping Spider re Deutzia Spider[_2_] United Kingdom 4 04-05-2009 06:28 AM
PING PING Jan -ED Ponds 0 30-06-2006 04:46 PM
Ping Ingrid, RichToyBox and others Frys Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 8 01-04-2003 04:20 PM
Ping-CassBlack area on my new bare roots, should I be worried? A guy named Emil Roses 3 06-02-2003 05:39 AM
Ping: Pam Garden Gal Mark or Travis Gardening 1 02-02-2003 02:02 PM