GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Too much water (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/148126-too-much-water.html)

SG1 26-07-2006 10:41 PM

Too much water

The rain water tanks I put in last year are full again. Had to dump about
5000 litres into the bore water cooling tank a month ago. Had another inch
since and they have filled again. With the wet weather have not been using
it on the garden until yesterday. Ah well I had better not whinge too loudly
some folks may be jealous, but not of the boar water.
Jim

0tterbot 27-07-2006 12:13 AM

Too much water

"SG1" wrote in message
The rain water tanks I put in last year are full again. Had to dump about
5000 litres into the bore water cooling tank a month ago. Had another inch
since and they have filled again. With the wet weather have not been using
it on the garden until yesterday. Ah well I had better not whinge too
loudly some folks may be jealous, but not of the boar water.
Jim

yes - one day you might be looking back on this post with fondness and
nostalgia g
kylie

Claude[_1_] 27-07-2006 02:05 AM

Too much water

"SG1" wrote in message
The rain water tanks I put in last year are full again. Had to dump about
5000 litres into the bore water cooling tank a month ago. Had another inch
since and they have filled again. With the wet weather have not been using
it on the garden until yesterday. Ah well I had better not whinge too
loudly some folks may be jealous, but not of the boar water.
Jim

Ah well, its insurance against risk. Most of the time you shouldn't need
them but when you do......

ant[_2_] 27-07-2006 12:52 PM

Too much water

SG1 wrote:
The rain water tanks I put in last year are full again. Had to dump
about 5000 litres into the bore water cooling tank a month ago. Had
another inch since and they have filled again. With the wet weather
have not been using it on the garden until yesterday. Ah well I had
better not whinge too loudly some folks may be jealous, but not of
the boar water.

yes, everything's full for me, too. Wish I had more tanks! And the good
thing is, the bore is being replenished also by all this rain, so we all win
twice.

--
ant

Terryc 01-08-2006 02:38 AM

Too much water

SG1 wrote:
The rain water tanks I put in last year are full again.

Install more tanks.

SG1 01-08-2006 10:46 PM

Too much water

"Terryc" wrote in message
SG1 wrote:
The rain water tanks I put in last year are full again.

Install more tanks.

Cost $7K for the 2x25000L(rain water) + 1x10000L(cooling tank for bore
water) plus 2 pumps. Would have room for 1 more but would have to replumb
the yard and SWMBO did not like the marks made by the digger. Filled the
cooling tank yesterday and the forecast is more precipitation today, Ah well
just have to wash more.
Jim

Terryc 07-08-2006 01:41 AM

Too much water

SG1 wrote:

Cost $7K

That is exactly why I do not connect my rainwater tanks to the toilet.
Plus the ongoing cost of pumping the water.