GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Poisoning Ivy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/149583-re-poisoning-ivy.html)

Terryc 14-09-2006 08:58 AM

Poisoning Ivy

Ms Leebee wrote:

2. - If I need poison, is there a method or type of poison that will only
affect the ivy ?

I can not guarantee that this will not leach into soil from the vine.

However, I get a small plastic bottle[1], load with round up, cut end of
stem and insert into bottle, tie bottle in place and leave.

Vine sucks roundup back into system and kills itself.

[1] something like those small adquahere 150ml(?) bottles, or the ones
hairdressers get hair colour in (our bush regen group gets them saved
for us)