GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Camphor Laurel (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/149815-re-camphor-laurel.html)

FlowerGirl[_1_] 23-09-2006 04:29 AM

Camphor Laurel

"Ms Leebee" wrote in message
Had some old trees chopped and chipped in my front yard yesterday. One

was
a Camphor Laurel.

Man, the house still smells great ... too bad it didn't smell like that

all
the time ( without being crushed ) .. I might have kept it ( well, no, it
wasn't a good specimen, it was ugly, and I see it's a weed in the Northern
states )

Loving that smell though .. mm :)

Yeah it is a big problem here.
But the smell does last for ages.
My Mum has had a camphor laurel blanket box for as long as I can remember.
As soon as you open the lid, there's the smell ... and the blankies hold the
smell for a while as well.
Amanda