GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   these brown eggs .... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/150493-these-brown-eggs.html)

[email protected] 30-10-2006 01:57 AM

these brown eggs ....

John Savage wrote:
I can't just recall ever seeing a hen with white ear lobes. You can
extend your rule of thumb to Chinese bantams--they are white birds but
with bright blue wattles IIRC and I think their egg shells are blue.

If you are talking about silkies, our silkies always laid
white eggs. They had white feathers and black skin.
I have heard that silkies have black bones, but I can't
confirm that. Sounds unlikely.

Jonno[_1_] 30-10-2006 05:45 AM

these brown eggs ....

wrote:
John Savage wrote:
I can't just recall ever seeing a hen with white ear lobes. You can
extend your rule of thumb to Chinese bantams--they are white birds but
with bright blue wattles IIRC and I think their egg shells are blue.

If you are talking about silkies, our silkies always laid
white eggs. They had white feathers and black skin.
I have heard that silkies have black bones, but I can't
confirm that. Sounds unlikely.

You could eat one and see.. Though theyre only a mouthful.

John Savage 05-11-2006 03:04 AM

these brown eggs ....

writes:
John Savage wrote:
I can't just recall ever seeing a hen with white ear lobes. You can
extend your rule of thumb to Chinese bantams--they are white birds but
with bright blue wattles IIRC and I think their egg shells are blue.

If you are talking about silkies, our silkies always laid
white eggs. They had white feathers and black skin.

I think you're right, and it's Indian mynahs with the blue egg shells.

Now there's an idea ..... :-)

Farm1 06-11-2006 08:06 AM

these brown eggs ....

"John Savage" wrote in message
writes:
John Savage wrote:
I can't just recall ever seeing a hen with white ear lobes. You

can
extend your rule of thumb to Chinese bantams--they are white

birds but
with bright blue wattles IIRC and I think their egg shells are

blue.

If you are talking about silkies, our silkies always laid
white eggs. They had white feathers and black skin.

I think you're right, and it's Indian mynahs with the blue egg

shells.

Araucana chooks lay blue eggs.