GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unpalatable Plants for Possums (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/150548-unpalatable-plants-possums.html)

Petep 24-10-2006 09:52 AM

Unpalatable Plants for Possums

Can any one suggest plants that can be grown that won't be ravaged by
the local possum community? I have two garden beds and a multiple
pottted plants that have been munched back to the trunks! I'm not
interested in hurting the possums, just want to grow something that
they don't like...

loosecanon 24-10-2006 01:04 PM

Unpalatable Plants for Possums

"Petep" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can any one suggest plants that can be grown that won't be ravaged by
the local possum community? I have two garden beds and a multiple
pottted plants that have been munched back to the trunks! I'm not
interested in hurting the possums, just want to grow something that
they don't like...

Oleander and cactus.

There's a start,

Richard

John Savage 29-10-2006 07:56 AM

Unpalatable Plants for Possums

"Loosecanon" writes:

"Petep" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can any one suggest plants that can be grown that won't be ravaged by
the local possum community? I have two garden beds and a multiple

Oleander and cactus.

Bird of Paradise ('Strelitzia') seems to be off the possums' horizon,
too. :-)

Ian Hook 06-11-2006 11:37 AM

Unpalatable Plants for Possums

I've never heard of them attacking Bromeliad collections.
- certainly haven't touched mine, yet.

ups.com...

Jonno[_1_] 07-11-2006 01:32 AM

Ian Hook wrote:
I've never heard of them attacking Bromeliad collections.
- certainly haven't touched mine, yet.

"Petep" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can any one suggest plants that can be grown that won't be ravaged by
the local possum community? I have two garden beds and a multiple
pottted plants that have been munched back to the trunks! I'm not
interested in hurting the possums, just want to grow something that
they don't like...

I would like to get some really unpalatable plants for possums and force
feed them.....