Old 09-11-2006, 03:46 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default What plant/fruit is this? Large elephant-ear thing

I think it may be a "Monsteria" ??? It was here when I bought this house a
year ago and was already quite large at that time

Here's a photo of the whole thing:
http://i14.tinypic.com/2ymgapd.jpg
Its a pretty ordinary photo taken at night so you cant see much but should
be able to see enough to ID it if you know it

And here's a closeup of what I thought may have been its fruit, but one has
opened to reveal itself as a flower:
http://i13.tinypic.com/4cwn6ts.jpg

So does anybody know what it is or if it fruits ???
Cheers

Old 09-11-2006, 07:53 PM posted to aus.gardens

g'day dave,

if it bares fruit it is the 'monseterio deliciousa' or fruit salad
plant.

if it doesn't bare fruit then it is a common old philodenron.

len

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.gardenlen.com
Old 09-11-2006, 09:28 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:46:57 +0800, "Dave -Turner" wrote:

I think it may be a "Monsteria" ??? It was here when I bought this house a
year ago and was already quite large at that time

Here's a photo of the whole thing:
http://i14.tinypic.com/2ymgapd.jpg
Its a pretty ordinary photo taken at night so you cant see much but should
be able to see enough to ID it if you know it

And here's a closeup of what I thought may have been its fruit, but one has
opened to reveal itself as a flower:
http://i13.tinypic.com/4cwn6ts.jpg

It is a philodendron selloum

So does anybody know what it is or if it fruits ???

No fruit.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:52 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

It is a philodendron selloum

I'll agree with that.
It has a different leaf to what I remember as a Monsteria.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:57 AM posted to aus.gardens

ahh BUGGER! i was hoping it was a Monsteria so i could try some of this
"fruit salad" fruit. So all I get are these white flowers?!? borrring!

Anyway thanks very much with the ID help